Sunday, September 23, 2012

in the nude

Hello, world! Been gone awhile! Will be posting some photos of my new pastime (wink wink) a bit later :) Meanwhile, here's something nude... haha Nude slash skin tone slash color. Was at my nephew, Caleb's, christening today down south. Sumptuous spread! Thanks to our host and hostess, Pat and Joan! Can't get enough of those mouth melting blue M&M's! Sweet surrender! haha
 
Anyhow, going back, for this occasion, I wore this nude mullet piece with cutout back detail. Wearing nude can be a bit tricky or should I say, risky? For most, this shade may come off as tan, camel, or caramel. Either way, my fashion sense translates it with the nudes :) I love this shade of nude because it accentuates one's fair complexion. In effect, it creates a monochromatic scheme in harmony with my skintone. Nonetheless, this caramel shade  also works best against tan skintones. Effect is a sunkissed dance. Nude monochromes, or nude tones in general,  tend to blend like wallflowers, but sprucing them up gives them character, more like the 'umph' reaction. To break the mood of this dress, I added some black and gold accessories. A pair of gladiator-inspired cuffs, gold chain necklace, and chunky heels. Attempted moi interpretation of a 20's side-swept low bun enthused by my recent stint with The Great Gatsby. For this look, goal is to keep it simple (considering it's a morning affair) and yet capitalize by injecting texture-- in comes my fur tote! Have fun! :)
 
 

Forever 21- mullet dress
 
 
Aldo- pastel frame sunnies
 
 
 
SM Accessories- cuffs
 
 
H&M- chunky heels
 
 
 
Charles & Keith- bag 
 
 
namaste,
kaky


1 comment: